Our map of 1837 shows a street called Pelham Street. Possibly this became Pelham Place and then Hobson's Place before being built over by the Greater London Council in 1966.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Pelham / Hobson's Place
Commemorated ati
Hobsons Place / Pelham Place
Hobsons Place This block was built in 1966 by the Greater London Council and ...
Other Subjects
James William Jerram
James William Jerram was the second child of George Jerram (1834-1904) and Rachel Jerram née Young (1833-1901). He was born in Shirley, Hampshire, and his birth was registered in the 1st quarter of...
Clissold Park and House
Built as Paradise House, or Newington Park House, in the late 1700s for Jonathan Hoare. William Crawshay (1764 – 1834) bought it in 1811. He objected to his daughter's choice of a husband so it was...
Thomas Morris
Builder of All Saints Church Poplar, 1822-23. He was a local builder and is buried in the churchyard. Information from Docklands Ringers.
Holland House
The house, built in 1605 for Sir Walter Cope, was originally surrounded by a large estate. By the time it was bought by Henry Fox, first Baron Holland, in 1768 it still extended westwards as far as...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in to see them